The Master Small Ruminant Producer program is designed to give sheep and goat producers a combination of classroom teaching and hands-on learning experiences. The program is designed for first time producers all the way to the seasoned veterans. Cost of the program is $100.
Participants can sign up at any time as hands-on classes are offered year-round. Virtual classes are only offered in February-April. If a participant signs up August-February, they can qualify for the 2023 or 2024 program year. If a participants signs up March-July 2024, their classes will count towards the 2024 program year.
2023-2024 Class Schedule
- Virtual Sessions 2024 (Thursdays)
- Hands-On Sessions (Sept. 2023-July 2024)
- Birthing Management (11-20-23)
- Tractor Maintenance (1-24-24)
- Sprayer Calibration (2-28-24)
- Spring Weeds (3-20-24)
- Milking Goats (3-27-24)
- Small Ruminant Fencing (4-15-24)
- Parasite Management (5-7-24)
- Multi-Species Grazing (6-12-24)
- Sheering/Hoof Trimming (6-xx-24)
- Summer Weeds (7-9-24)
- Fall Planting (9-9-24)