- Description-The 6 week program focuses on providing youth with knowledge and tools to become responsible horse owners or riders. Participants must attend each session and will receive an official certificate of completion. Youth will learn from experts in a fun, hands-on manner that will give them the confidence and knowledge to own and work with horses. along with planning tools, reference material, barn sign, back pack, and more! We offer different focus topics from horse ownership planning, to proper health, nutrition, and training.
- Eligibility-3rd-12th grade
- Cost-$50 (includes the following)
- Planning Tools
- Reference Material
- Official “Youth Equine Management” Metal Sign
- Back Pack
- Discounts at local feed stores and veterinarians
- Location: Williamson County Extension – 4215 Long Lane, Franklin, TN 37064 or on location (will be announced prior to event date)
- Meeting Time-6:00 pm
- Dates– October 18, November 15, December 13, January 17, February 21, March 21
- Class Limit-none
Christy began as a parent volunteer in Williamson County 4-H. Previously an event coordinator, she continues her passion for creative student education and life experiences in the Culinary Club, Horse Project and the Williamson County Ambassador program.